Fibre Reinforced Plastics
Eptec is a specialist engineering company with extensive experience in Reinforced Composites, able to provide FRP Solutions to a large range of Industries require protection and maintenance from the effects of water and liquids, whether from groundwater, rainwater wastewater or process streams.
With the capability to provide assessment and site inspection services, we can determine and advise the most appropriate FRP solution to complex issues and deliver it with the our own specialist workforce.
Industries and Sectors Serviced:
- Mining and Process
- Water and Wastewater
Structures and Applications:
- Cleaning, Inspection, reporting and carry out repairs on Chemical Storage TanksDrinking and Recycled Water Treatment Plants
- Desalination Plants
- Design and construct – Mast Access Platforms and Handrails for Defence Ships
- Fuel Storages – Tanks
- Mining, Process and Chemical Plants
- Municipal and Industrial Wastewater Treatment Plants
- Sewerage Infrastructure – Relining of Pipelines and Manholes
- Thermal Power Stations
Technical Note on FRP
FRP reinforced plastic pipe is chemically and structurally engineered with the proper balance of resin and glass to resist a wide range of acids, alkalis and solvents as well as weathering, spillage and corrosive fumes. This excellent combination of corrosion resistance and strength characteristics is achieved through “Laminate Construction”, based on years of extensive research and practical applications.
Fibreglass pipe and fittings offer excellent resistance to a wide range of corrosive liquids and gases and to the types of aqueous solutions frequently encountered in chemical processing industries. In addition to their resistance to internal corrosion, pitting and sealing, FRP pipe and fittings are immune to virtually all external corrosion, will not rust and never required any form of cathodic protection.
FRP pipe is specially designed and engineered to resist practically any corrosive material. This versatility, due to the variety of resins available has permitted FRP pipe to play a key role in reducing corrosion control problems in virtually every major industry.
- Bell and Spigot Joints – particularly for joining sections of large diameter pipe.
- Butt Joints – This is the simplest and most economical method of filed joining pipe.
FRP pipes are easily repaired or modified for new system layouts. Pipe can be cut to any desired shape with a hack saw, power saw, or sabre saw.
For more information on our fibre reinforced plastics services, feel free to contact us.
Our Services and Capabilities Include: