Towns Place Car Park
Eptec was engaged to install and test a fully concealed impressed current cathodic protection system in the Towns Place Apartments car park.
The system comprised over 6 kilometres of conductor ribbon to car park ceilings, in excess of 500 titanium discrete anodes to columns and 230m2 of titanium mesh to the car park walls.
Additionally, the 8 month project required Eptec to undertake waterproofing and concrete remedial work including:
– Injection of polyurethane resin to bedrock under high water table conditions
– The application of liquid latex membrane to all wall perimeter spoon drains
– Extensive spalled concrete and crack repairs to slabs, beams and columns
Eptec’s workforce maintained a defect-free material, quality and safety record under difficult working conditions and a substantially increased work scope. Eptec successfully completed the project within budget and within the client’s time frame, a testament to the company’s expertise and professionalism.
Description of Works
Installation of impressed current cathodic protection system (ICCP) to 4 storey harbour-side underground car park structure including:
- Ribbon system to car park ceilings
- Discrete anodes to beams and columns
- Titanium mesh to walls
Concrete remedial works and waterproofing including:
- Polyurethane resin injection to bedrock
- Liquid membrane application to drainage system
- Polyurethane resin injection to cracks, and repair of spalled concrete
Walsh Bay Finance Corrosion Control Engineering Pty Ltd
Sydney, NSW, Australia